“Tobias Fünke” - Illustration by Sam Spratt
Have a happy Arrested Development binge-viewing everyone.
Posts tagged Arrested Development.
Honestly, this is one of my favorite and most-quoted scenes.
Mitch Hurwitz tells all: Who decided Carl Weathers should be cheap? Why the Blue Man Group? And has anyone ever eaten a mayonegg?
This week is like Arrested Development-themed Chanukah.
Hidden Jokes | Foreshadowing of Buster losing his hand
- S1E18 - Michael appeared in the school play The Trial of Captain Hook. Later in the episode Fakin’ It from season 3, Lucille refers to Buster as “Captain Hook.”
- S1E20 - “This party is going to be off the hook.”
- S2E1 - When Lucille is watching the news, you can hear John Beard mentioning a surprise seal attack and then saying “meet one surprised bather, coming up.” The camera immediately moves to show Buster.
- S2E3 - Buster arrives to Lupe’s house, sees the hand chair, and says “wow, i never thought I’d miss a hand so much.”
- S2E6 - Buster is playing the claw machine and gets a toy seal. Later when he’s returning home, the narrator mentions that “Buster had gotten hooked playing” that game.
- S2E11 - Lucille, Oscar and Buster and in the beach, and when they’re talking, the seal is seen in the background. Later, George Sr. says about Buster “what if i never get a chance to reach out and touch that hand of his again?” And of course, the bench that shows “arm off.”
- S2E12 - When George Sr is at the car dealership, if you take a look at the inflatable doll/man in the back, you can see that it’s missing an arm. Also, when Gob is releasing the seal back into the wild, he says “you’re not going to be hand-fed anymore.”
Ask any “Arrested Development” fan for their favorite moment and chances are they’ll come up with the scene or joke in a matter of seconds. However, it’s a little harder for the cast, who spent three years living and breathing the show, to pick just one.
It’s the final countdown.
Jason and Will holding hands while walking thru NY.
New York, I love you, but you’re bringing me down.
Goddammit all. Also, does this mean somewhere there’s a press photo of Jason Bateman and Will Arnett taking a selfie together? Because if there is, I need to see it.